The conference would particularly welcome papers covering the following issues:
• Changes of governance ideology, modes, strategies and quality;
• Decision-making process influenced by factors such as consultation, think-tank, public opinions, and deliberation;
• Innovative practices of grassroots governance;
• The interactions among different forms of citizen participation, such as election, collective resistance, activism and deliberation;
• The role of media, internet and civil societies in contouring political participation and decision-making;
• The dynamics of public opinion formation and political discourse construction across different interest groups;
Beyond this, papers providing a comparative or strategic perspective on China’s political changes and trajectories would also be very much welcomed.